Test your Vegas IQ
1) What were the reported reasons that Howard Hughes bought Las Vegas TV station KLAS in 1967?
2) Who was the only member of the Rat Pack who consistently showed up on time at 9 a.m. for shooting on the original Ocean’s Eleven?
3) How many costumes did Robert De Niro wear while portraying Sam “Ace” Rothstein (based on Frank “Lefty” Rosenthal) in the movie Casino?
4) What was the final live-action acting role for Hollywood legend/Vegas resident/hotel-casino owner Debbie Reynolds?
5) Why was the title of the 1946 Roy Rogers movie Heldorado — in which the plot revolves around the annual Helldorado Days Festival in Las Vegas — misspelled?
1) So he could order them to broadcast 24 hours a day and play his favorite movies at night, commercial-free.
2) Joey Bishop. Among the others, Peter Lawford arrived later in the morning, Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin clocked in during the afternoon and Frank Sinatra made his grand entrance around 5 p.m.
3) 70. He was allowed to keep them all after filming. By comparison, co-Sharon Stone only had 40 (which she also kept).
4) As the mother of Vegas icon Liberace (played by Michael Douglas) in HBO’s Behind the Candelabra.
5) To avoid displaying the word “Hell” on theater marquees. (Hey, it was the 1940s. Cut ’em some slack.)